Sunday, August 5, 2012

Deventer Boekenmarkt

A drive with my dad to Deventer took us to the Deventer Boekenmarkt.
878 market stalls filled with books, attracting more than a hundred thousand visitors.
Happily, we didn't see that many of them. The weather wasn't too good, so a lot of people decided not to show up. We didn't mind, as it gave us the opportunity to park close to the town and wander around at will.

We took a boat across the water to reach the center of the town. Deventer is a charming old city, so that added to the ambiance!
My dad bought a book about John Wesley and a book about the history of Hoevelaken, which is where he now lives. I bought one of Rosamund Pilchers books, for which I apologize. I tend to like easy reads, and this one of them!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on comments, so thank you for taking the time to do so!